Our services are tailored to your specific requirements, the key issues that require most focus, and the deal dynamics.
Buy-side and sell-side financial, operational & tax due diligence prior to an acquisition or sale.
Operational, IT and working capital diligence prior to an acquisition, divestment or carve-out.
Our offering covers all aspects of company valuation, equity, debt and intellectual property including: transactions, restructuring, litigation, expert determination, impairment testing, NAV carrying values and fairness opinions.
We assist clients in both understanding and planning for the tax implications of acquisitions, disposals and refinancing events.
Our team provides bid-side and public-side financial advisory services, financial modelling in addition to wider infrastructure offerings.
UK Managing Partner
- UK Managing Partner, Transactions
- 25 years Transactions Services experience
- Founder of Eight Advisory and UK Managing Partner
- Previously Head of Transaction Support for E&Y France
- Significant experience across Retail & Consumer, Healthcare, Industrials and Business Services sectors
- Chartered Accountant (ICAEW)
- MA (Hons) French and LLB Law from University of Edinburgh
- Bilingual French-English
Justin Welstead is a Founding Partner of Eight Advisory and the UK Managing Partner of Eight Advisory UK. He has over 25 years of transactions experience in the UK and French markets.
He has significant experience across various industries, with a particular focus on the Retail & Consumer, Healthcare, Industrials and Business Services sectors.
Justin advises FTSE 100 and CAC 40 corporates and large- & mid-cap private equity houses and family offices.
Before founding Eight Advisory, he was head of Transaction Support for EY France. Prior to this, he was in the Transactions team at Andersen in Paris and Edinburgh.
Justin earned both a Master’s in degree in French and an LLB in Law from the University of Edinburgh. He is a qualified Chartered Accountant (ICAEW). Justin is a bilingual French speaker.
- Partner, Transactions
- Financial due diligence specialist
- Significant experience across a range of sectors
- Has worked with many large and mid-cap private equity clients, blue-chip corporate clients, as well as founder owned businesses
- Formerly a Director at PwC Transactions and Senior Director at Alvarez & Marsal
Ben Norris is a Partner in Eight Advisory’s Transactions team in London, and has over 25 years of experience in providing financial due diligence (buy-side, VDD, refinancing, IBR) and SPA advice to both mid- and large-cap private equity and corporate clients.
Ben has worked with clients across various industries including Retail & Consumer, Healthcare, Education, Business Services, TMT, Industrials & Manufacturing, and Packaging.
Ben has led engagements on behalf of a number of private equity houses (3i, Astorg, LCatterton, Charterhouse, Graphite, LDC, PAI, Rutland, Teachers, Silverfleet, Vitruvian) as well as blue-chip corporate clients and founder-owned businesses.
Before Eight Advisory, Ben was a founding member and Senior Director at Alvarez & Marsal’s Transaction Advisory Group in London. Prior to this, he was a Director in the Transactions team at PwC in London.
Ben is a qualified Chartered Accountant and a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (FCA). He holds a bachelor’s degree in Economics from Nottingham University.
- Partner, Transformation
- 20 years’ experience
- Formerly lead of the Ernst & Young Operational Transactions Group in London and the E&Y Industrials sector
- Significant experience Industrials & Manufacturing, Retail & Consumer, and Business Services sectors
- MBA from HEC (Paris) and Wharton (Philadelphia)
Tim Wainwright is a Partner in Eight Advisory’s Transformation team in London, with over 20 years’ experience in providing operational due diligence (buy-side, sell-side), carveout, integration and value creation / performance improvement advice to multiple clients across both the private equity and corporate sectors.
Tim has significant expertise in both pan-European and global engagements, and has worked across multiple industries, including Industrials & Manufacturing, Retail & Consumer and Business Services and in multiple situations including both transactions related and restructuring / distressed situations.
Prior to joining Eight Advisory, Tim led the Industrials sector team at EY and was a leading member of the Operational Transactions group in London where he was instrumental in bringing together Operations and IT to drive value in both pre-deal and post-deal situations.
Tim holds an MBA from HEC (Paris) and Wharton (Philadelphia).
Sector Lead, Valuations
- 15+ years Valuations and Corporate Finance experience
- Formerly Principal at Deloitte South Africa
- Leadership roles and working experience in New York, Paris, India and South Africa
- Significant experience in Pharmaceuticals, TMT, Renewables, Consumer Products and Private Equity
- Masters Finance ESCP-EAP Paris
- American Society of Appraisers (ASA)
- Tri-lingual English, French and Dutch
Matthew Thumas is the sector lead of Eight Advisory UK’s Valuations team in London, with over 15 years’ experience in advising on valuations in the context of M&A and business combinations, tax and legal structuring, Purchase Price Allocations, and capital efficiency for both corporate and private equity clients.
Matthew has a broad degree of valuations expertise across a large array of sectors, including Renewable energy, TMT, Food & Beverage, FinTech, Automotive, Medical & Pharmaceutical, and Business Services.
Prior to joining Eight Advisory, Matthew was a Principal at Deloitte, having worked for 14 years in New York, India and South Africa.
Matthew holds a Masters in Corporate Finance from ESCP-EAP, and is a member of the American Society of Appraisers (ASA). He is trilingual (English, French, Dutch).
Partner, Transaction Tax & Infrastructure
- Partner, Transaction Tax
- 20 years’ experience
- Formerly an Associate Partner at EY Transaction Tax in London
- Covers all tax aspects of transactions including due diligence, structuring, model assumptions and SPA support
- Chartered Accountant, ICAEW (FCA)
Dean Lake is a Partner of Eight Advisory’s Transaction Tax team in London, with over 20 years of experience in providing tax advice, including 13 years of experience in transactions. financial due diligence (buy-side, VDD, refinancing, IBR) and SPA advice to both mid- and large-cap private equity and corporate clients.
He has significant experience working with overseas partners to deliver cross-border transactions in various countries and across various industries, including Renewable Energy, Power & Utilities, Infrastructure, Retail & Consumer, Healthcare, Business Services, TMT and Industrials & Manufacturing.
Dean has led engagements on behalf of a number of private equity houses, pension funds and infrastructure funds as well as both blue-chip corporate clients and founder-owned businesses.
Before Eight Advisory, he was an Associate Partner within the Transaction Tax team at EY in London.
Dean is a qualified Chartered Accountant and a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Economics and Accounting from the University of Bristol.